Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Arrival of Kylee Marie Weaver- 39 Weeks!




Well, Kylee Marie is here! The birth story of our daughter.......

I went in to the hospital on Monday, November 30th to be induced. I was scheduled to go in at 7:00 p.m, but received a call that all the labor and delivery rooms were full so I would need to wait until one became available. Chris and I decided to enjoy a last dinner at Elizabeth's before going in to have the baby. Finally at 9:30, we were admitted in to the hospital. It was a strange reality realizing that when we left the hospital it would be with our daughter. I was hooked up to all the monitors and given the Cervidil, which is a suppository to help soften your cervix. At this point, I was not dialated at all and Kylee was not in any rush to come into the world. I did, however, already have high blood pressure (which was never a problem during my pregnancy) and my blood platelet count was low. The nurse gave me an Ambien to help me sleep through the night, since all the fun would begin early in the morning. Chris and I watched a movie on the laptop before I passed out from the Ambien.

At 6:30, I woke up to some contractions and decided to get a shower before they started the pitocin. The nurse came in at 7:00 and I had dilated to 3 cm in the night! Yah! The contractions didn't really hurt at this point. They hooked me up to the Pitocin at 7:30 and the Doctor came in at 8:30 to break my water. Instantly, the contractions came every 2 minutes and became VERY PAINFUL!! I was in so much pain at this point! I wanted an epidural but I had to wait to get blood work done since my platelet count was low. Finally, after the longest hour of my life, with one contraction starting right after the pain finished from previous one, the anesthesiologist came in! He was my SAVIOR! The pain from getting the epidural didn't hurt at all compared to my contractions! I was in heaven once the epidural kicked in! At this point, I w as 5 centimeters dilated so we had a while to go. Chris and I took a nap, watched a movie and just relaxed. I couldn't feel my toes and I was okay with that :) The nurse continued to come in periodically to check me and I was slowly hitting 6 cm. Then she told me if I started to feel some pressure to let her know because that means the baby is trying to come. Not five minutes later, I started to feel some pressure but it didnt hurt at all, so I called the nurse. I was 9 centimeters!! AHHHHH! We called Chris' parents to come and they started to prep me for delivery!
At 3:45 I began the pushing process. I thought it was going to be extremely painful but it didnt hurt at all. I think Chris was surprised that I was so calm and not yelling at him, like they do in the movies. The doctor came in around 4:30 and said that the baby's heart rate was dropping during contractions so that I was going to give 1 big push and he was going to suction her out. One last push with a hard pull from the doc and his suction and Kylee was here! It took a few seconds before she cried but they she let out a big cry! She was here! It was soo amazing! Chris was in such shock that the doctor had to tell him " this is the time for you to go take some pictures!" so Chris took some pictures of Kylee getting cleaned up. She weighed in at 5 lbs 14 oz and 19 1/2 inches long! Absolutely beautiful!

After the doctor finished with me and the nurses finished cleaning Kylee up, my parents, Chris' parents, my sister and my grandmother all came to meet Kylee for the first time. After an hour or so, they took Kylee for her first bath. She finally arrived back in our room several hours later. The whole night, Chris and I stayed up and just stared at her! We couldn't believe she was here and she was ours! Finally, at 5 am, we fell asleep!

After checking in on Monday night, we were able to check out Thursday afternoon! We went home to begin adjusting to our new life as a family. Let me just say.... It was the LONGEST car ride home! And now our journey as parents really begins...................

No comments:

Post a Comment